Friday, 19 September 2014

Two Apples and a Pear

I had to start somewhere so my first painting was a simple still life of two apples and a pear and I was reasonably pleased with how it turned out for a first attempt. Even had two friends who wanted to buy it though thankfully we never talked how many noughts would be on the cheque. Yeah, you're thinking the same as me – one!
APPLES AND A PEAR

Working on that pastel gave me confidence that I could maybe be a painter - even on crappy paper (it wasn't pastelmat in those days) so it didn't lend itself to my overworked style. It did get very muddy towards the end and I lost interest in finishing it.

The painting still lies around my house probably feeling a bit unloved as it's my only unframed work and a reminder to stop while I'm out in front!

No comments:

Post a Comment