Saturday, 9 April 2016

Watercolour Musings

Next year at Lisnagarvey Art Society I hope to concentrate on watercolour/pen and wash rather than pastel and 'yakking' so I'll be interested to see how I get on. Watercolour has always scared me. I don't know why as I like the medium when it is done well. Maybe it's because I don't have the delicate and precise hand I think it needs.

I like Geoff Kersey's work yet I wouldn't want to be as detailed as he but I know if it was at all possible I'd become more detailed than him. I'm actually starting to wonder if I have OCD tendencies!

I like the thought of splattering and being rather grungy (without going overboard). I like the thought of these being quick hour/two hour pieces of work. I like the thought of giving signed copies away to people as thank you presents. I like the thought of having fun and experimenting with wet paint!




No comments:

Post a Comment