Wednesday, 16 November 2016

SERC Painting Class


This might be a little bit crazy but I have just signed up for a SERC painting class starting at the end of January. There's no guarantee I'll get on the pastel course at the Island Arts Centre and I desperately want to do something just to get me out of the house and away from my computers! Painting for Pleasure (a misnomer) is a mixed media course playing with watercolour, acrylic, oils, pencil and charcoal for sixteen weeks with fifteen other people. 

I would call myself proficient in pencil, all right with charcoal but running slightly scared of the other three as I have never done them before! I'll be totally out of my comfort zone but that's good and I am looking forward to new things! I'm going along with my old work buddy Anne Murphy who sold the course to me in a text message. Hopefully she'll keep me right!

It's supposedly all about form, tone, pattern, colour and texture. I'm looking forward to it though not sure where I am going to fit this, Lisnagarvey and Hillsborough Art Society all into a working week!

I had been looking at courses at the Crescent Arts Centre but the thought of travelling into Belfast and then looking for a parking space in those bunged up sidestreets around the Botanic area discouraged me.


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment